Selling a House: How Hard can it be, Building Design Tips, Online Advice
How Hard can it be to Sell a House?
6 Oct 2021
The U.S. Census Bureau says that an American on average moves 11.7 times during their lifetime. Most of the time, these people sell their previous homes and then buy a new one. The question arises, why do people move their homes? Why do people sell their houses so many times?
Let’s try to find out some of the reasons:
- Increased family size is one of the most common rationales for why people sell their houses. The home is sometimes too small for them, which makes them sell that and buy a new one.
- Sometimes the house doesn’t meet their needs anymore. For instance, maybe they need a front yard which their current residence doesn’t have. In such cases, people move to new houses.
- Sometimes, the neighborhood changes in such a way that’s not to the residents’ likings.
- People tend to upgrade their houses according to their needs. People change their houses in these cases.
- Usually, a newly built house doesn’t need any sort of big maintenance for the first 15-20 years. But after that, Some big maintenance or repairs need to be conducted that may take much hassle and money. A lot of people change their houses to avoid these inconveniences!
- In the case of new jobs or transfers, people shift according to their convenience.
These are just some of the most common reasons people sell their houses and move to new ones. Here, the most crucial part is selling the current house, because only then one will be able to move into a new residence. Selling a house isn’t an easy task.
Let’s pay a closer look at the procedures of selling a house:
- Hiring an agent who has a clear idea of the market is the very first thing to do.
- Based on the market condition, selling a house may take up to 4 to 6 months. Therefore, the seller should fix a timeline for this long process.
- A pre-sale home inspection is a wise upfront investment, although it is optional. Such an inspection will allow you to point out all the issues that the buyers may flag while buying the house.
- Getting professional photographs is a must. Always upload professional photographs while posting ads.
- Setting up a realistic price and putting it on the market is necessary.
- After these steps, buyers will start reaching out with multiple offers. Don’t forget to negotiate.
- After everything, weigh the tax implications. This is the most crucial step!
- Complete all the paperwork and close the deal!
Now, it is clear that selling a house is a huge deal and takes a lot of time. This is a huge problem for those who are in an emergency. Such people may need to sell their homes within a couple of days to serve their emergency purposes. Therefore, several agencies work with such people and sell their houses within a couple of days.
For instance, We Buy Houses Florida is a Florida-based agency. The seller has to call or submit all the necessary details to them online. The agency will review the details and contact the seller within 24 hours! Then, they will offer the best price and start the negotiation. The deal will be closed at a local title company. The best part about them is that they buy every kind of house, be it moldy, rusty, defective, broken, and leaked; or fresh, and new house. They will offer you the best price depending on the current condition. For emergency selling, they are the best in the market without any doubt!
Comments on this Selling A House: How Hard Can It Be? article are welcome.
Comments / photos for the How Hard Can It Be To Sell A House? page welcome