9 reasons to use tiles for interior design guide, Home tiling advice, Flooring options tips
9 Reasons to Use Tiles for Interior Design
1 February 2022
When renovating or creating your house, one key factor to consider is the material utilized – whether it’s in your bathroom, kitchen, or other living space. But which material is ideal for your project? Should you choose paint, wallpaper, carpet, laminate, or tile?
Naturally, you’ll want something that not only looks excellent but will also be durable. We believe tiles are an ideal choice and there are many famous brands out there that provide aesthetic tiles at affordable prices such as British Ceramic Tile. We’ll go through all of the reasons why we think you should utilize tiles in your next makeover.
9 Reasons to Use Tiles for Interior Design List
- They’ll Look Good for Years: Tiles are the most durable flooring option on the market. They will look as wonderful as the day they were placed for years to come if properly installed, maintained, and cared for. Carpet, on the other hand, is susceptible to staining and fading over time.
- Tiles Are Hypoallergenic: Ceramic and porcelain tiles, with their firm, flat surfaces, are an excellent choice for allergy sufferers. Unlike carpet, which is a home for allergens, dust mites, pollen, and pet hair, tile surfaces do not adhere to them, making them excellent.
- Easy To Clean: Cleaning tiles is a simple task. Unlike carpet, which gathers dirt and must be cleaned on a regular basis, tiles do not require as much maintenance. It is significantly easier and less time-consuming to maintain than other types of floors. They will appear perfect if you merely clean them with a mop once a week (for low traffic areas, weekly mopping may not even be required).
- Versatile: There are hundreds of one-of-a-kind tiles in a variety of forms, sizes, and colors, so there is always something to express your individuality.
- High-End Look: When compared to carpet, laminate, and other flooring materials, tiles are by far the best option for creating a high-end aesthetic in your house without breaking the bank. They have a far higher resale value and give your property a more attractive, sophisticated (and often more costly) appearance.
- Great for Under-floor Heating: Under-floor heating systems have grown increasingly affordable in recent years. So, if you’re considering installing under-floor heating, you need to think about the sort of floor you have. Carpet, as expected, is improper, and while certain hardwood floors may be adequate for under-floor heating, tiles will always transport the heat more efficiently.
- Fire Resistant: Traditional tiles, such as ceramics or porcelains, are widely renowned for their innate ability to tolerate high temperatures (i.e. fires). They are ideal for use in the kitchen since they do not burn or scorch, unlike carpet, which may readily singe.
- Environmentally Friendly: Because tiles are made from natural raw materials such as clay, sand, and glass, their manufacture does not need the use of other natural resources such as trees and wool.
- Create A Feature: Feature walls are an excellent way to utilize tiles to make your space stand out and draw attention to a specific part of your home, whether in the kitchen or the living room. You may get this effect by using attractive wall tiles that can convert your boring interior into something elegant and breathtaking.
Comments on this guide to 9 reasons to use tiles for interior design article are welcome.
Comments / photos for the 9 reasons to use tiles for interior design advice page welcome