Best paint colors for homes, House painters tips, Property decoration style advice, Interior design
Paint Color Ideas for Homes in 2024
9 November 2023
With 2023 nearing its end, it’s time to start thinking about 2024. Whether you offer professional paint services or are an architect, you want to be aware of the trends. You likely already have projects on your calendar for 2024, or you might have clients asking you for advice or ideas on design choices.
So, as you begin planning or advertising for 2024, you can establish yourself as a competitor and appeal to potential clients by offering a mix of trendy and classic paint ideas.
You’ll also be ready to make recommendations, whether clients are updating the exterior of their home or changing just one room.
Best Home Exterior Colors For 2024
Here are the best home exterior colors for 2024.
- Muted greens: Green has been trending for several years, especially after COVID-19. With so many green shades available, it can be challenging to know which way to go. For home exteriors, muted or dark greens are becoming more popular. They can easily be mixed with neutral colors to create your desired effect.
- Multi-dimensional grays: Along with more muted green shades, gray is very popular for home exteriors, but we don’t mean just bland grays here. Instead, grays with more dimension, such as some green or brown, are on trend right now.
- Blue accents: Blue can be very calming, which makes it popular for home exteriors. While a blue house might not be suitable for everyone, adding some blue elements to the siding, window trim, etc. is a good balance.
While there are other home exterior paint trends for 2024, these are some of the most exciting to consider and recommend to customers.
Best Home Interior Colors for 2024
Now, let’s look at some of the best home interior colors for next year. There is definitely some overlap with the exterior colors, but home interiors serve different functions.
So, interior designers and painters will also want to know about these trends:
- It’s all about the blues: As with home exteriors, blue is going strong in 2024, but you’ll find even more shades to choose from for interiors. Various shades of blue have already been picked as “color of the year” by several brands. One interesting option is Bluebird by Krylon, which is a very bold tone.
- Persimmon: While blues and greens will still be very popular in 2024, there are some exciting warm tones popping up in home design. Persimmon is a stunning pink and orange blend that works well for a dining room space. While this isn’t the only orange hue trending for next year, it’s definitely one of the most noticeable.
- Light yellows: Finally, yellow shades are really making a comeback. While bright yellow can be too bold, lighter yellows used in moderation can bring cheer and joy to any space.
These exciting home interior paint colors are sure to make homeowners happy in 2024. Of course, neutral shades will always be popular, but you can recommend these more exciting shades to homeowners looking to add personality and style to their homes.
What is your favorite color of the year so far? What paint trends are you noticing for 2024?
Comments on this guide to Best paint colors for homes article are welcome.
Painting Your Home
Building Design Articles
Carlsberg Central Office, Valby, Copenhagen, Denmark
Design: C.F. Møller Architects
photograph : Adam Mørk
Carlsberg Central Office Valby
Telluride Glass House, Telluride, Colorado, USA
Design: Efficiency Lab for Architecture
photograph : Josh Johnson
Telluride Glass House
Comments / photos for the Best paint colors for homes advice page welcome