Masterplan for Suwon Dangsu District 2 Korea Architecture Competition, 2020 Architectural Contest Call For Entries
Suwon Dangsu District 2 Design Competition
29 Dec 2020
International Design Competition for Masterplan for Suwon Dangsu District 2, S. Korea
CALL FOR SUBMISSION
- Competition Name
International Competition of Integrated Urban and Architecture Masterplan for Suwon Dangsu District 2, Suwon, S. Korea
(including a Pilot Project for 1,500 housings)
- Background of Competition:
Green Walkable City & Sharing Green Space
The urban development methods complete with large scale blocks and separate complexes have divided the space of citizens into closed groups so that an isolated urban space where access and communication are blocked without community life. Zoning districts that are cut off from each other by roads due to the land use plan define the method of life in a uniform way to the extent that all of the places look the same.
The housing supply method that divides house rental and purchase has been causing an issue that hinders the fusion of citizens, and the method of distributing subsidiary facilities by complexes is the reason for lacking diversity and the redundant supply of regional shared facilities. Moreover, it was true that nature was also organized as islands inside the designated blocks under the terms of parks and greens.
Now, the question of this competition is as follows.
This competition begins with questions including “What is the street space-centered shared city and how should it be established?” “How does that city make harmony with the natural ecological environment, how is it organized within the harmony and what is the significance of it?” We expect that the participants would provide diverse urban and architectural ideas based on human sciences and philosophical ideas to answer our questions.
- All of the designs shall follow the related laws of Korea regarding cities and construction and the design guidelines.
- The purpose of a design plan is to provide a new three-dimensional integrated city construction plan by connecting with various kinds of city plan related materials including the city master plan of Suwon-si.
- The main objective is to develop residential areas that become a desirable model as a “street space-oriented sharing city” by considering the design conditions including the topography and surrounding situations of the project site.
4. It requires to suggest a new integrated urban and architecture design method that takes into consideration the domestic conditions including business value, feasibility, and the residential preference of Korean citizens, etc.
- Competition Descriptions
- Site Address: Dangsu-dong, Gwonseon-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, S. Korea
- Site area: 684,444㎡ (Suwon Dangsu District 2) + 303,660㎡ (remaining area of Suwon Dangsu District 1)
- Number of Housings: 5,000 houses (Suwon Dangsu District 2) + 2,179 houses (remaining area of Suwon Dangsu District 1)
- Estimated design fee: 7,278,000,000 KRW
(Masterplan: 991,000,000 KRW, a pilot project design of 1500 housings: 6,287,000,000 KRW (VAT included)) 1us dollar = 1,200 KRW
- Competition Period: December 30, 2020 ~ March 30, 2021
- Project Period: 2020 ∼ 2025
① This design competition aims to realize a city model with the pleasant living environment under the theme of the “street-centered shared city” in order to create a dwelling environment that meets the future image of “Suwon Dangsu District 2.”
② It is to suggest the urban and architectural methods to pursue an eco-friendly, eco-village and zero energy city, and suggest the eco-village model based on such methods.
③ It is to obtain an original and outstanding design work through the integrated urban and architecture design methods.
Integrated urban and architecture master plan, Walkable city, Eco-village, street space-centered shared city (open to all/ International)
- DESIGN GUIDELINES
- Street space-centered walkable city
- Sharing city with complex use and social integration
- Eco-friendly green hub city with nature
- Comfortable and safe smart city responding to new technologies
- PARTICIPATION ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
① For Korean architects, it shall be an architect, completing business registration pursuant to Article 23 of the ‘Certified Architect Act’ of Korea as of the date of the notification.
② In the case of the foreign architect, it should be a qualified architect according to the law of the country of origin by the time of the competition announcement.
- If a foreign architect (office) wishes to participate, it must jointly apply with the company from 1, and the representative shall be a qualified person from 1.
- Limit the number of joint participants (consortium) to within 5 people (offices) including individuals and corporations, and the organization should be free from any obstacles to carry out the master plan establishment and related works with a pilot project planning.
- SUBMISSION SCHEDULE
- Announcement: December 30, 2020
- Registration: 31(Thur) ~ Jan. 26(Tue), 2021
- Entry Submission: March 30, 2021
- Main Jury: April 6, 2021
- Result Announcement: April 7, 2021
|No.||Name||Title||Field of specialization||Note|
|1||Lee, Kyuin||AJOU University||Architecture||Jury member|
|2||Jeon, Younghoon||Chung-Ang University||Architecture|
|3||Kim, Juntaek||Chonnam National University||Architecture|
|4||Chai, Byungsun||Jeonbuk National University||Urban Design|
|5||Kim, Youngook||Sejong University||Urban Design|
|1||Baik, Kyungmoo||Shin Ansan University||Architecture||Preliminary
|2||Yang, Seungwoo||University of Seoul||Urban Design|
- PRIZE VALUE: 4 winning proposals will be selected. Competition winners will be awarded as follows:
- 1st Prize: priority rights for the masterplan and a pilot project design (7,278 million KRW (1 us dollar=1,200 KRW))
- 2nd Prize (1 entry): 110 million KRW
- 3rd Prize (2 entries): 70million KRW per each winner
- ORGANISERS DETAILS: Korea Institute of Architects
- CONTACT DETAILS: email@example.com
- LINK TO THE COMPETITION WEBSITE: www.lhcompe.org
Masterplan for Suwon Dangsu District 2 Competition information / images received 291220
Korean Architecture Competitions
Korean Architectural Competitions Selection
3rd Generation New Towns in Korea Design Contest
3rd Generation New Towns in Korea Architecture Competition
Current Architectural Competitions Selection
Q-Village Gangtou Young Designer Competition
photo : Gangtou Village, Huadu District, Guangzhou © Guangdong Hengguang Investment Co., Ltd.
Bcome 2020 Competition
2020 Bcome International Ideas Competition
Sustainable & Intelligent City’ Design Contest
International Building Design Competition 2020
Kaizhou New City International Young Designer Competition, Sichuan, China
Kaizhou New City International Young Designer Competition
Comments / photos for the Masterplan for Suwon Dangsu District 2 Competition page welcome