3rd Generation New Towns in Korea Architecture Competition, 2020 Architectural Contest Call For Entries
3rd Generation New Towns in Korea Design Competition
19 June 2020
3rd Generation New Towns in Korea Design Contest
The International Competition for Urban Design Concept and Multi-dimensional Urban and Architectural Space Plan for the 3rd Generation New Towns, including a Pilot Project for the First Village.
1. Competition Background & Purpose
This competition is to turn the 3rd generation new towns into futuristic ones that are job-friendly, transportation-friendly, eco-friendly and child-rearing friendly. Under the theme ‘a city for co-existence and co-habitation’, this competition is planned to select the best proposal for urban design ideas and implementation strategy for multi-dimensional urban and architectural space plans including a pilot project for the first village of each new town.
※ Competition scope: Urban design concept for the project site, Multi-dimensional urban and architectural space plans for specialized zones, Concept plan for a pilot project for the first village
2. Site[Site 1] Changneung District in Goyang-si
[Site 2] Daejang District in Bucheon-si
To participate in the competition, a team must include companies of required professional disciplines (urban planning/design and architecture).
A team for the competition participation should include the required field companies that are capable for drafting the ‘multi-dimensional urban and architectural space plan’ and designing ‘a demonstration project for the first village’. In the case of joint participation (consortium), the maximum number of participating companies shall be six.
Whether a participating team consists of one company or is a joint participation, there shall be a representative. The representative company shall be an entity that is able to carry out the contract to establish multi-dimensional urban and architectural space plans (requirement: Korean Architect license) after winning the competition.
A Korean entity shall comply with the following requirements:
– An entity registered as an architectural office in accordance with the Article 23 of the Certified Architects Act of the Republic of Korea
– An entity registered as a urban planning business and/or relevant businesses in accordance with the Engineering Industry Promotion Act of the Republic of Korea or Professional Engineers Act of the Republic of Korea as of the date of the competition announcement
If an entity is an oversea’s one, the entity shall be legally registered as an architectural, urban planning or landscape architectural business in the country it is based in.
The representative shall not be changed after the registration deadline. Team members, however, may be added, replaced or removed by 15:00, August 14, 2020.
A company cannot participate in both sites (Changneung District in Goyang-si and Daejang District in Bucheon-si) as a representative, but it is possible as a team member in a consortium.
4. Schedule (Korea standard time, GMT+9)
Announcement of the competition : June 19, 2020
Registration : 10:00 June 19, 2020 ~ 15:00 July 17, 2020
Submission : 10:00 ~ 15:00 August 24, 2020
Announcement of winner : August 31, 2020
1st prize (1 team) : Granting the Design Contract for the multi-dimensional urban and architectural space plan and the qualification as a Master Planner for following stage of the mater plan project.
* Changneung District in Goyang-si:
– Design fee for the multi-dimensional urban space plan: approximately KRW 2.3 billion
– Design fee for the demonstration complex of first village: approximately KRW 5.9billion
* Daejang District in Bucheon-si:
– Design fee for multi-dimensional urban space plan: approx. KRW 1.4 billion
– Design fee for demonstration complex of first village: approx. KRW 5.9billion
2nd prize (up to 1 team) : KRW 100,000,000
Honorable mention (up to 2 teams) : KRW 70,000,000 each
3rd Generation New Towns in Korea Competition information / images received 180620
Current Architectural Competitions Selection
Sustainable & Intelligent City’ Design Contest
25 June 2020: registration date
Architectural Poetry Competition Series, 2nd Cycle
Tomb of Waste Architecture Competition
‘RETHINK: 2025’ Design Competition
Call For Submissions: Sustainable Revolution
WAF / PechaKucha ‘Isolation Transformed’ Design Competition
Kaizhou New City International Young Designer Competition, Sichuan, China
Comments / photos for the 3rd Generation New Towns in Korea Competition page welcome