Learning to be an architect Guide, Architecture Education Advice, Student Help
New to learning architect? Here are the top 5 resources
9 Dec 2020
If you are a new architect or a new architect student then you may not be aware of the resources that you will require daily. Various types of resources are there in the market and those resources are very important for all architects.
Among all those resources we have come up with the top 5 resources that each architect must carry with them no matter wherever they go. You can check my cordless tools website if you want to know the details of the various tools that the architect requires in their daily work.
Top five resources for architect
The following are the top 5 resources that every architect must have:
- Architect’s Scale: Every architect needs a 12-inch triangular architect scale for taking the exact measure of anything. This type of scale is made from aluminum and it comes up with three color-coded sides for quickly finding the correct scale.
This scale includes – 1-1/2″, 1, 3/4″, 3/8″, 3/16″, 3/32″, 1/2″ 1/4″, 1/8″, 3, and 16. Architect’s scale remains different from the engineering scale and you should not confuse with it. Architect scale uses fraction as a base whereas in the engineering scale base 10 division is used. Architect scale is also totally different from the normal plastic or wooden scale and with the help of such scale, you can measure or draw the straight line precisely.
- Metal Architect Swing Arm LED Desk lamp: Another most essential tool that every architect must have is an LED desk lamp. You can use a metal architect swing ARM LED desk lamp for minimizing power consumption and maximizing longevity. This type of LED desk lamp includes a memory function that provides the user 6 levels of brightness and gives you 4 lighting modes. The best thing about this LED desk lamp is that it includes a 360-degree swivel head. Apart from that, it also comes up with a clamp that works up to a 2.36-inch thick tabletop. Most architects like to choose this LED desk lamp since it provides a 50,000-hour lifespan.
- Drilling machine: The drilling machine is one of the most essential tools that every architect should have. Two types of a drilling machines are available in the market and they are – corded and cordless. Both corded and cordless drills are useful for the architect although cordless drill has now become very popular as it becomes convenient to use and also comes up with some huge benefit. However, in some situations for example in heavy architectural work cordless drill is not useful for the architect and hence it is up to the architect which type of drilling machine they should buy. But having a drilling machine is a must for all architects.
- X-ACTO Knife Set: Another important resource for an architect is the knife set. It is always better to buy an X-ACTO knife set since it is designed to make clean and accurate cuts even in the presence of light. Apart from that, with the help of this knife, you will also be able to cut medium and heavy-weight materials.
It comes up with blades that are capable of cutting different shapes. Another good thing is that you can easily change the blade system and hence you will be able to change the blades quickly and easily for the right cut shapes. Moreover, this type of knife set comes up with a nylon zippered compression case in which everything can be kept in one convenient and safe kit.
- Drawing Storage tube: Another most essential resource for an architect is a drawing storage tube. The drawing storage tube is 3.5 inches in diameter and it can be expanded from 24.5 inches to 40 inches long. It is usually made with rigid plastic and thus this tube does not band or crease in transit.
It also comes up with an extra-long shoulder strap which is very comfortable for use even at the time when you have extended the tube fully. Apart from that, it also includes a twist-off threaded lid with a contact card due to which the labeling of the contents of the tube becomes easier. This type of tube remains water and light-resistant and hence this tube can easily protect the materials against fading from exposure to sunlight and rain.
Comments on this guide to Learning to be an architect article are welcome.
Architecture by Type
Comments / photos for the Learning to be an architect Advice page welcome