How to get Dubai Municipality License guide, UAE home buying advice, Arabian real estate 2022
How To Get Dubai Municipality License?
7 July 2022
Every business, big or small, needs to have a license from Dubai Municipality in order to operate legally within the city. In this blog post, we will explain what is needed to get the license and how to go about the process.
Keep in mind that there are certain conditions that need to be met before you can even apply for the license, so make sure you read through this article thoroughly. We wish you all the best as you work to establish your business in Dubai!
What is the Dubai Municipality License?
Dubai Municipality License is a document which authorizes and permits an individual or company to set up, carry out and practice a particular business within the city of Dubai. The license is issued by the Department of Economic Development (DED) after reviewing and assessing the applicant’s business plan.
Who needs a Dubai Municipality License?
Any individual or company who wants to set up a new business or branch of an existing company in Dubai is required to apply for and obtain a Dubai Municipality License. The type of license required depends on the nature of the business to be carried out.
What are the conditions for getting a Dubai Municipality License?
The first and foremost condition for getting one is that your business should be registered with the Department of Economic Development (DED). In addition, your business should also have a physical office space within the city of Dubai. The office space should meet all the required safety and health standards set by Dubai Municipality.
How to apply for Dubai Municipality License?
You can apply for one online through DED’s e-services portal or you can submit your application in person at any of DED’s customer happiness centers.
When applying for the license, you will be required to submit the following documents:
- Application form
- Business activity registration certificate
- Commercial license (if applicable)
- No-objection certificate (NOC) from the relevant authorities
- Lease agreement or ownership certificate of the office space
- Trade name registration certificate
- Memorandum and articles of association (if applicable)
- Passport copies of the company’s shareholders and managers
- visa copies of the company’s employees
Once your application is received, it will be reviewed by the concerned authorities. If everything is in order, you will be issued a license within 7 to 10 working days. The license will be valid for one year and can be renewed annually.
What is the process to get a Dubai Municipality License?
The process of getting one is as follows:
- Register your business with the Department of Economic Development (DED).
- Find a suitable office space that meets all the required safety and health standards set by Dubai Municipality.
- Apply for the license online through DED’s e-services portal or submit your application in person at any of DED’s customer happiness centers.
What is the cost of a Dubai Municipality License?
The cost depends on the type of business you are setting up. For instance, if you are setting up a restaurant, the license fee would be AED 10,000. However, if you are setting up a construction company, the license fee would be AED 50,000.
The Seven Hotel and Residences:
How long is Dubai Municipality License valid for?
It is valid for one year and can be renewed annually.
How long does it take to get one?
It takes 7 to 10 working days to get this document.
What are the benefits of having a Dubai Municipality License?
Some of the benefits of having one are as follows:
- It allows you to legally operate your business within the city of Dubai.
- It helps build credibility and reputation for your business.
- It gives you access to various government services and facilities.
- It makes it easier to apply for visas for your employees.
- It helps you avail discounts on certain business-related services.
Can I start my business without getting one?
No, you cannot start your business without getting a Dubai Municipality license. It is illegal to operate a business without a valid license from Dubai Municipality. Not only will you be fined, but your business will also be shut down.
What are the consequences of operating a business without a Dubai Municipality License?
The consequences of operating a business without one are as follows:
- You will be fined
- Your business will be shut down
- You may be imprisonment for up to 6 months
Comments on this guide to How to get Dubai Municipality License article are welcome.
Dubai Building Designs
Dubai Architecture Designs – chronological list
Coca-Cola Arena, City Walk
photo courtesy of architects
Design: Zaha Hadid Architects
photograph : Laurian Ghinitoiu
The Opus Hotel in Dubai
New UAE Architectural Designs
Flamenca at The World Islands
Design: UNICA Architects
Flamenca at The World Islands in Dubai
Kraz Restaurant, Sharjah
Architects: H2R Design
Kraz Restaurant in Sharjah
Is it The Right Time to Buy Property in Dubai?
How to Grow Your Customer Base in Dubai
Dubai Architectural Designs – Tackling Risks
Reasons to purchase an apartment in Dubai Festival City
Why is Dubai considered as capital of architecture?
Comments / photos for the How to get Dubai Municipality License, UAE page welcome