Threadneedle Street London, Property Development, Location, Architecture, Owner
60 Threadneedle Street
City of London Offices Building, England, UK – Property owned by Hammerson
page updated 1 Jul 2014
60 Threadneedle St London
Address: 60 Threadneedle Street, London EC2
Size: 20,400 m²
Completion: November 2008
Ownership: Hammerson 100%
In December 2006, Hammerson started construction work on 60 Threadneedle Street, a 20,400 m² nine-storey building adjacent to the group’s current development at 60 Threadneedle Street.
The scheme, which forms part of the site previously occupied by The London Stock Exchange, incorporates 1,000 m² of retail space. Completion is scheduled for November 2008.
RIBA Award 2010, London region
60 Threadneedle Street London – Information from Hammerson PR in 271107
Location: 60 Threadneedle Street, London, England, UK
Contemporary London Architecture
London Building Designs – chronological list
London Architecture Walking Tours by e-architect
1 Undershaft Tower
Design: Eric Parry Architects
image : DBOX, courtesy Eric Parry Architects
1 Undershaft Tower City of London
Design: Kohn Pederson Fox – KPF
image courtesy of the architects
The Scalpel City of London Skyscraper
Lloyds of London Building, City of London
Design: Richard Rogers Partnership
Canary Wharf, Isle of Dogs
Design: Cesar Pelli
Barbican Centre buildings
Design: Chamberlin, Powell & Bon
Threadneedle Street London
This is a street in the City of London, between Bishopsgate at its northeast end and Bank junction in the southwest. It is one of nine streets that converge at Bank.
The street is famous as the site of the Bank of England; the bank itself is often called ‘the Old Lady of Threadneedle Street’ and has been based at its current location since 1734. The London Stock Exchange was also situated on Threadneedle Street until 2004 when it relocated to Paternoster Square. The Baltic Exchange was founded in the Virginia and Baltick Coffee House on Threadneedle Street in 1744; it is now located on St. Mary Axe.
In addition to the Bank of England, there are shops, banks, restaurants and offices located on the street. The Merchant Taylors’ Hall, home of the Worshipful Company of Merchant Taylors, has occupied a site off Threadneedle Street since 1347. It is said that is here that the British national anthem was sung, in private, in 1607 for the first time, conducted by John Bull. The headquarters of the South Sea Company was located on the street from 1711 to the 1850s.
Buildings / photos for the 60 Threadneedle Street Architecture page welcome