Natuzzi Store Limassol, Furniture Showroom Cyprus images, Cypriot building architect design
Natuzzi Store: Furniture Showroom Limassol, Cyprus
Contemporary Cypriot Property design by christos pavlou architecture
4 Jul 2016
Design: christos pavlou architecture
Location: Limassol, Cyprus
Natuzzi Store Limassol
Photos by Christos Pavlou
Furniture Showroom in Limassol
The building is located in one of the longest commercial streets of the country spanning 6.5km in length with heavy and speedy traffic most of the times. It is inserted between an old existing two storey house and a new 6th floor block of offices.
The design was driven by certain challenges –
– To minimize the heat gains from the southern sun.
– To maximize the views from the street.
– To increase free exhibition floor area.
– To make the building highly visible and stand out from other commercial buildings.
– To promote the showroom experience.
The building is functionally divided into three main elements –
1. The service core which includes a panoramic lift, a kitchen, the main staircase, wcs and a store room. The isolation of utilities allow for freer exhibition gallery space.
2. The central open space, a void of 14m height running all the way up to the top floor allowing access and views to all the floors but also separating utilities from gallery spaces. Three diagonal arranged bridges are spanning across the void. The main entrance to the showroom is through the big void.
3. The exhibition areas free from any other utilities are expanded to their maximum permissible floor area. Exhibition areas are subdivided into main galleries and their mezzanine floors. Each gallery is visually connected with a mezzanine allowing thus maximum furniture viewing experience.
To maximize gallery floor space and views from the street the building was designed to grow horizontally and not vertically. In this way the ground floor expands to its maximum coverage floor area allowing greater views from the street into the interior.
The ground gallery and its mezzanine floor are indented to be transparent whereas the upper floors appeared solid and defensive. The solid walls of the upper floors help to minimize direct heat gains as the main façade faces south.
Narrow, vertical windows allow for some daylight to the upper floors. The contrast of the transparent ground with the solid upper floor galleries is dramatically emphasized by the use of metallic aluminioum cladding in cooper color finish creating thus a prominent street presence not to be missed.
Furniture Showroom Limassol – Building Information
Project: Furniture showroom, Limassol, Cyprus
Location: Limassol, Cyprus
Architect: Christos Pavlou Architecture
Area: 1200 sqm
Technical team: Andreas Charalambous, structural engineer ; N.A Aristodemou, mechanical consultants.
Photographs: Christos Pavlou
External cladding: aluminioum panels by alucobond
Internal floor: plywood tiles by Natuzzi
Compass wall-mounted spotlights: Flos
New Furniture Showroom in Limassol images / information from christos pavlou architecture
Location: Limassol, Cyprus, southeastern Europe
Contemporary Cypriot Architectural Projects
Cypriot Architecture Design – chronological list
Recent Cypriot property designs by christos pavlou architecture on e-architect:
The Linear House, Limassol
photo : Creative Photo Room
Contemporary Limassol Residence
image from architect
L-House, Nicosia, Cyprus
Limassol Terminal, East Pier, Limassol Port
Design: Irwinkritioti Architecture
picture from architecture studio
Cyprus Cruise Terminal Limassol Building
Limassol Greens, Limassol
Design: HKS Architects
Limassol Greens Resort, Cyprus
New Residential Tower
Design: Orange Architects
image Courtesy architecture office
Terra Project Residential Tower in Limassol
Developments in countries close to Cyprus
Developments in Southeast European countries
Comments / photos for Natuzzi Store: Furniture Showroom Limassol building design by christos pavlou architecture page welcome