Morris + Company Architects London, UK Design Studio, England Building Projects
Morris + Company, Architects
Contemporary British Architectural Practice, UK, Europe
21 Jul 2018
Morris + Company Architects News
Duggan Morris Architects rebrands as Morris + Company
Duggan Morris Architects (DMA) has announced that it is rebranding as Morris + Company, marking the latest stage of the evolution of the practice.
The rebrand follows a sustained period of consolidation and growth for the 50-strong practice, which has secured 11 substantial new projects during the last twelve months and opened a new studio in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Working at all scales, from the small and bespoke to complex high-profile projects, Morris + Company’s ongoing portfolio of work in progress covers a diverse mix that demonstrates a keen passion for the social role of architecture. These projects include:
• A new Energy Hub, as part of the Elephant Park regeneration project in London, which includes a combined heat and power plant serving over 3,000 homes, a community space and an Early Years centre for Lendlease due for completion this autumn.
• An affordable, co-living scheme and homeless shelter, for Bedu in south London.
• Several schemes for Pegasus Life, including a range of bespoke mews houses and a restaurant pavilion, both being delivered as part of the Wildernesse Estate in Sevenoaks, Kent.
• The Featherstone Building – a 172,000sqft flexible mixed use building in central London for Derwent London, accommodating workspaces for a broad range of business types.
• Blossom Street – a mixed-use, workplace-led scheme, which includes a new gateway building alongside extensive renovation and adaptation of Grade II-listed Georgian and Victorian buildings for British Land.
• The Aylesbury health and community centre, with a co-located Early Years centre, forging a new neighbourhood hub within the London Borough of Southwark.
These new projects will add to Morris + Company’s portfolio of recently completed which includes:
• R7 – a 246,000sqft RIBA award-winning flexible mixed use building for Kings Cross Partnership,
accommodating office and commercial space as well as a three screen Everyman cinema. R7 completed
in the summer of 2017.
In addition, the practice was recently appointed as part of GLA/TfL’s Architecture and Urbanism Framework,
allowing the practice to bring its expertise to bear across forthcoming Commercial, Workspace, Health,
Education and Civic Buildings projects on TfL’s 2,300 hectare estate.
As referenced by the new name, Joe Morris will continue to lead the practice he co-founded in 2004 but with
the support of a long-standing senior team overseeing a variety of projects across a range of key sectors:
• David Storring, Director, leading the commercial and workplace team
• Miranda MacLaren, Director, leading on housing projects
• Keir Regan Alexander, Director, leading on public and community projects
• Charlotte Sorensen, Practice Director
• Ed Blake, Director (Copenhagen)
Joe Morris, Founding Director, commented: “We are a company of voices, underpinned by a creative and
collaborative approach to design, and as such the rebrand of Morris + Company reflects the evolution of our
collegiate practice. The last year has seen us complete several significant projects as well as secure several major
commissions across London and the UK, and we’re excited to be working with some of country’s most innovative
and progressive clients across both the private and public sectors.”
8 Jun 2017
Duggan Morris Architects Split
8 June 2017 – Mary Duggan to launch new practice while Joe Morris retains the Duggan Morris name.
Mary Duggan to launch new practice while Joe Morris retains the Duggan Morris name.
Mary Duggan BA (Hons) Architecture, DipArch, ARB, RIBA
Mary Duggan graduated from the Bartlett School of Architecture in 1997 and co-founded Duggan Morris Architects in 2004.
Joe Morris BA (Hons) Architecture, DipArch, ARB, RIBA
Joe Morris graduated from the Bartlett School of Architecture in 1996, and following an extended period of practice for one of the UK’s leading architectural studios, co-founded Duggan Morris Architects in 2004.
More projects by Morris + Company Architects online soon
Location: 16–24 Underwood Street, London N1 7JQ, UK
Morris + Company Practice Information
Morris + Company Architects – design office based in London.
Morris + Company was established in 2018 and is the evolution of Duggan Morris Architects. The same creative
spirit, developed over twelve years as Duggan Morris, is the foundation of the evolved practice; however, its
reassembly as Morris + Company has brought a broader field of vision and more collegiate way of working.
Morris + Company has a strong portfolio of completed projects across workplace, housing, education and
public buildings, and delivered award-winning projects for clients including Derwent London, Helical PLC,
British Land, Stanhope and Argent, as well as smaller developers and local councils. The practice’s methodology
is inquisitive and explorative, providingnew perspectives on a brief and allowing it to deliver landmark
schemes, from the substantial mixed-use R7 project in London’s Kings Cross, to the redevelopment of BBC
Based in London, Morris + Company’s diverse team of 50 design and architecture professionals reflects its
collaborative, international ethos. The practice’s new office in Copenhagen, Denmark, acts as a test-bed for a
more deeply collaborative approach, as well as an opening into new design territory.
Morris + Company is co-founders of Londonon, a rolling research and residency programme which advocates
design learning through global co-operation by visiting international cities and conducting in-depth research to
share knowledge back in the UK.
For more information please visit: www.morrisand.company
Duggan Morris Architects, was co-founded by Joe Morris and Mary Duggan. As the practice evolved and the
range of work became more diverse, the founding directors reached a mutually amicable agreement to follow
separate paths, to capitalise on areas of interest specific to each. From July 2017, Duggan Morris Architects
continued under the direction of Joe Morris with a new team of directors. Mary Duggan taking her work
forward with a new practice under her own name.
Morris + Company Ltd.
Unit 7, 16–24 Underwood Street
London N1 7JQ
+44 (0)20 7566 7440
Morris + Company Ltd.
Lab5, Larsbjørnsstræde 5B, 2
1454 Copenhagen K
+45 31 69 94 90
Key Projects by Duggan Morris Architects
Key Buildings by Duggan Morris Architects, alphabetical:
Kings Grove, London, UK
photo : Edmund Sumner
Kings Grove House
Design Centre Chelsea Harbour, London, UK
image from architect
Design Centre Chelsea Harbour
Lewisham housing, London, UK
image from architect
Buildings / photos for the Morris + Company Architects – British Design Practice page welcome