Francisco Mangado, Spanish Architect, Architecture, Pamplona Design Studio, Navarra, Building
Francisco Mangado, Spain : Pamplona Architects
Contemporary Architects Practice, Spain – based in Pamplona
post updated 27 Apr 2021
Francisco Mangado y Asociados – Latest Building
Municipal Auditorium Teulada, Alicante, southern Spain
photo : Juan Rodríguez
Municipal Auditorium Teulada – 6 Jun 2012
The design adapts to the natural topography of the plot, making the auditoriums descend towards the southwest and putting the main access areas on the northeast and southeast edges of the site. These accesses are organized and oriented to afford the best views of Moraira and the sea, in the process emphasizing the building’s ‘connective’ role.
Francisco Mangado y Asociados – Key Projects
Featured Buildings by Francisco Mangado, alphabetical:
Avila Congress & Exhibitions Municipal Centre, Spain
Date built: 2009
photo © Pedro Pegenaute
Avila Congress & Exhibitions Municipal Centre – Spanish text
Auditorio Avila – English text
Baluarte Conference Centre, Pamplona, Spain
photograph from organisers
Center for New Technologies of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Date built: 2007
Center for New Technologies of Santiago de Compostela
Club de Futbol Palencia, Spain
Date built: 2007
Expo 2008 Spanish Pavilion, Zaragoza, Spain
Date built: 2008
image from organisers
Ultzama Equestrian Centre, Pamplona, Spain
photo from organisers
More projects by architect Francisco Mangado online soon
Location: Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
Francisco Mangado Practice Information
Francisco Mangado y Asociados – architect studio based in Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
FRANCISCO J. MANGADO BELOQUI
Born in Navarre in 1957, Francisco Mangado earned his architecture degree from the University of Navarre’s School of Architecture in 1982, and has since made this institution the core of his teaching career. Francisco Mangado has been a guest professor at Harvard’s Graduate School of Design, and is currently Eero Saarinen Visiting Professor at Yale’s School of Architecture and Studio Professor in the Navarre school’s Master of Architectural Design program.
In June 2008 Francisco Mangado set up the Fundación Arquitectura y Sociedad.
For his professional work Francisco Mangado has earned an Andrea Palladio International Architecture Award, a City of Thiene Architecture Award, an Architecti prize, the FAD and CEOE awards, and many more. Francisco Mangado won first prize in the 2007 Saloni Architectural Awards, the grand prize in the Enor Architecture Awards for his Nueva Balastera Football Stadium in Palencia, first prize in the architecture category of the 2008 ASCER Ceramic Awards for his Spanish Pavilion at Expo Zaragoza, and First Prize for Construction at Construmat 2009, also for the Spanish Pavilion.
In July 2009, the Pavilion was feted with the Giancarlo Ius Gold Medal, an award given by the UIA at the 4th Barbara Cappochin International Architecture Biennial. In September 2009, Francisco Mangado’s Archaeology Museum in Vitoria capped the Copper in Architecture Award of the European Copper Institute, and the Association of Aragon Architects honored the Spanish Pavilion at Expo Zarazoga 2008 with its Fernando García Mercadal Prize. In October 2009, Spain’s National Council of Architects’ Associations proclaimed the Pavilion the winner of the National Architecture Prize.
Notable among Francisco Mangado’s works are the Cultural Center and Church in Thiene (Italy), the Auditorium and Congress Center of Pamplona, Place Pey Berland in Bordeaux, the Municipal Exhibition and Congress Center of Ávila, the Archaeology Museum of Vitoria, and the Football Stadium in Palencia. More recent projects by Francisco Mangado include the Congress Center of Palma de Mallorca, the Spanish Pavilion at the 2008 International Exposition in Zaragoza, the Fine Arts Museum of Asturias in Oviedo, and an Office Tower in Buenos Aires.
The Baluarte Auditorium and Congress Center in Pamplona and the Lienzo Norte Exhibition and Congress Center in Ávila were included in the exhibition on Spanish architecture that was held at the MoMA in New York City, as well as in Madrid, in 2006.
Francisco Mangado Architect
Degree in Architecture at the School of Architecture of Navarre, 1981
Main & Recent Works
– Marco Real – Wineries in Olite. Navarre. Project and Management. Completed.
– Urban Plan and Housing in Mendillorri. Pamplona. Project and Management. Completed.
– Golf Club in Zuasti. Navarre. Project and Management. Completed.
– Indoor Swimming Pools in La Coruña. Project and Management of 4 Swimming Pools. Completed.
– Auditorium of Navarre. Project and Management. Completed.
– Office Building for the University of Navarre. Project and Management. Completed.
– Exhibition and Congress Center in Palencia. Project and Management. Under construction.
– Monastery, Church and Shelter in -Goa-. India. Draft Project.
– Center for Technical Studies and Research of Guipúzcoa. San Sebastián. Project and Management. Completed.
– Plaza de Dalí. Madrid. Project and Management. Completed.
– Pey-Berland Square in Bordeaux. Project and Management. Completed.
– Archaeological Museum of Vitoria. Project and Management. Under construction.
– Exhibition and Congress Center of Ávila. Project and Management (P&M). Under construction.
– Office Building for FCC in Madrid. in progress.
– Municipal Auditorium of Teulada (Alicante). P&M. Under construction.
– New Technologies Training Center of Galicia. P&M. Completed.
– Office Building for Gamesa Eólica in Sarriguren. P&M. Completed.
– Eco-City Soria. Final project design completed.
– Palencia Soccer Stadium. P&M. Completed.
– Swimming Pools in Ágreda. P&M. In progress.
– Swimming Pools for the University of Vigo. P&M. Under construction.
– Wineries in Laguardia. In progress.
– Congress Center of Zamora. In progress.
– Office Building in Paris. In progress.
– Congress Center and Hotel in Palma. P&M. Under construction.
– Housing in Santa Coloma de Gramanet, Barcelona. P&M. In progress.
– Office Building in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona. P&M. In progress.
– Spanish Pavilion at the International Exposition Zaragoza 2008. P&M. Completed.
– Museum of Fine Arts in Oviedo. In progress.
– 219 Dwellings in Vitoria. Lot M-4. Salburúa. Under construction.
– Dwellings in Lleida. In progress.
– CIBA III Complex, Officially Subsidized Apartment Block, institutional housing, and commercial center in Santa Coloma de Gramanet, Barcelona. In progress.
– Housing in Obidos, Portugal. Project and Management. In progress.
– Outdoor facilities and furnishings in Espinho, Portugal. P&M. In progress.
– Office Building and Hotel in Buenos Aires, Argentina. P&M. In progress.
– San Lázaro apartment tower in Oviedo. In progress.
– Olympic City of Gandía. Sport Facilities in Valencia. In progress.
Francisco Mangado architect : Further Information
Contemporary Architecture in Spain – architectural selection below:
Jané Winestore, Tarragona
Architects: Chu Uroz & Carmelo Zappulla
photograph © Adrià Goula
Jané Winestore in Tarragona, Costa Dorada
La Pobla de Vallbona Social Center, Valencian Community, eastern Spain
Architect: Alberto Facundo
photograph : German Cabo
La Pobla de Vallbona Social Center in Valencia
Comments / photos for the Francisco Mangado Architect page welcome