Vietnam Architecture Competition, Vietnamese Design Contest, Building
University of Science and Technology of Hanoi, Vietnam
Vietnam Architecture Contest
17 Mar 2014
University of Science and Technology of Hanoi Competition
Request for Expression of Interest (RfEOI) for a new Design Competition: New Model University Project in Vietnam – The University of Science and Technology of Hanoi.
ADB Quality Based Selection Procedure for Architecture and Engineering consultants with embedded Design Competition.
[phase eins]. is commissioned with the organization of this international design competition for the new campus of “The University of Science and Technology of Hanoi”.
The submission deadline for the pre-qualification (EOI) is March 27th, 2014; 11:59 PM Manila local time.
The procedure is a non-open general design planning competition according to Asian Development Bank (ADB) regulations. Architects have to apply with a team including landscape architects, civil engineers, building engineers (MEP) and others.
For further information please visit the homepage of [phase eins].:
The Architecture Competition documents can be downloaded on the website of the Asian Development Bank (ADB), where the Consultant Services Recruitment Notice (CSRN) has been published:
Interested firms are invited to express their interest via the ADB website.
The deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest (EOI) is March 27, 2014; 11:59 PM Manila local time.
The consultant team for another New Model University Project (The Vietnamese-German University near HCMC/Vietnam) has recently been selected, for more information please visit:
Section I: Request for Expression of Interest
1. The Government of Viet Nam has received loans from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi Development (New Model University) Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan, to payment under the contract for consulting services of Architects and Engineering Consultant (AEC).
2. The PMU-USTH, Ministry of Education and Training, now invites eligible consulting firms to express interest in providing the consulting services. The Architects and Engineering Consultant will be selected through a competition managed by an Architecture Design Competition Management (ACDM) Consultant.
This to select the best architectural design which meets the requirements on beauty, planning, architecture and construction, landscape, technical quality, aesthetics, functions and economic use of the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi Development (New Project University) Project, reaches the standards of international top-ranking universities and suitable with the conditions of Vietnam.
The ADCM will shortlist six (6) Architect and Engineering Consultant (AEC) firms according to the criterion described in point 4 under, then through a competition will select a qualified AEC firm to do the planning and architectural design of USTH’s construction work at reasonable design costs. A full description of services is detailed in the outline of Terms of Reference (TOR) which can be downloaded from the ADB website. The services are expected to be carried out commencing from 2015 and are expected to be completed by end of 2017.
3. The selection will be done through a Quality-Based Selection (QBS) method pursuant to Guidelines on the Use of Consultants by Asian Development Bank and its Borrowers (March 2013 as amended from time to time).
4. The EOIs will be evaluated based on (i) eligibility; (ii) conflict of interest; (iii) licensed as Architects and Engineering Consultants as regulated by the country where the firm is registered; (iv) management competence; (v) technical competence; and (vi) geographical competence.
5. Interested firms should download the form for Expression of Interest (EOI) and TOR from ADB website: http://csrn.adb.org/csrn/home.htm?page=mainPage or submit a letter of request to the address given below. All the EOIs must be submitted through Consulting Services Recruitment Notice (CSRN) website of ADB. The deadline for submission of EOI is on March 27th, 2014.
University of Science and Technology of Hanoi Competition images / information received 18 + 170314
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam, Southeast Asia
Vietnam Architecture Design – chronological list
Serene House HCMC – an Indochine-Modernist Puzzle, Thao Dien, Ho Chi Minh City
Design: Module K Architects
photo : Hiroyuki Okis
Serene House in Ho Chi Minh City
New House in Phu Nhuan, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
Design: Truong An architecture
photos : Quang Tran, Gia Hung
AR House in Phu Nhuan, Ho Chi Minh City
Comments / photos for the University of Science and Technology of Hanoi Competition – Vietnamese Design Contest page welcome