Aldgate Architecture Photos, London Buildings, Pictures, News, Property Design, Images
Aldgate Buildings : Architecture
London Building Photography by Nick Weall, England, UK
London Architecture photographs © Nick Weall, 26 Jul 2009
Not all images are in Aldgate, but all are in the City of London area surrounding Aldgate
Buildings Listed alphabetically
1 America Square
Design: Renton Howard Wood Levin – RHWL
1 America Square
A landmark Art Deco tower building comprising 226,000 sqft of office accommodation arranged over 13-14 floors.
British American Tobacco Building
St Sepulchre-without-Newgate – Holborn Viaduct Church
St Sepulchre-without-Newgate, also known as the Church of the Holy Sepulchre (Holborn), is an Anglican church in the City of London. It is located on Holborn Viaduct, almost opposite the Old Bailey.
The property is a Grade I listed building. The tower is designed in the Gothic style.
The church is today the largest parish church in the City. It was completely rebuilt in the 15th century, but was gutted by the Great Fire of London in 1666. This destructive fire left only the outer walls, the tower and the porch standing.
One New Change, 1 New Change, London EC4M 9AF
Architects: Ateliers Jean Nouvel with Sidell Gibson Architects
One New Change
Located immediately east of St Paul’s Cathedral it is a landmark 560,000sq ft retail and office development. Designed by one of the world’s premier architects, Jean Nouvel, One New Change is an “iconic, world-class building” which will offer a fresh perspective on the way we work, shop and live in the City.
Pepys Street Building – images from 26 Jul 2009 ; last two from 7 Mar 2010
St Botolphs Development – photos from 26 July and 30 Aug 2009
Design: Grimshaw, architects
St Botolphs Development
Located on an island site near Aldgate, St Botolphs is within the EC3 district of the City. It has been designed for multiple occupants with nearly half of the space already let to two tenants: insurance brokers Lockton and the law firm Clyde and Co.
St Martins Le Grand
St. Martin’s Le Grand is a former liberty within the City of London, and is the name of a street north of Newgate Street and Cheapside and south of Aldersgate Street. It forms the southernmost section of the A1 road. The college was taken over by Westminster Abbey in 1503 as part of the endowment granted for the upkeep of the Henry VII Chapel. This was an arrangement allowing the abbey to appropriate the college’s revenues, and did not make the latter a monastery.
Location: Aldgate, East London, England, UK
Contemporary London Architecture
London Architecture Designs – chronological list
Architecture Walking Tours in London by e-architect
London Architecture Photographs taken by Nick Weall with a Nikon D700 using either a 14-24mm Nikkor Lens or a 24-70mm Nikkor lens. All images taken with a tripod.
All images are available for purchase, please contact info(at)e-architect.com
Royal College of Pathologists HQ, Alie Street, East London
Architects: Bennetts Associates
photograph : Peter Cook
Royal College of Pathologists East London
Design: Kohn Pederson Fox – KPF
image courtesy of the architects
The Scalpel City of London Skyscraper
Comments / photos for the Aldgate London Architecture Photographs page welcome