Kazakhstan Architect Job, BIG Vacancies Recruitment, Positions, Technicians, Students
Architecture Recruitment : Kazakhstan Project
Central Asian Architect Job for wolrd-famous Danish architecture studio based in Copenhagen and New York City
posted 9 Oct 2009
Architect Vacancy for Kazakhstan / Denmark Architecture Office
BIG seeks Russian-speaking Project Leader for Kazakhstan Presidential Library
BIG is a Copenhagen-based group of architects, designers and thinkers operating within the fields of architecture, urbanism, research and development.
Kazakhstan Architecture Job
BIG has created a reputation for completing buildings that are programmatically and technically innovative as they are cost and resource conscious. In their architectural production BIG demonstrate a high sensitivity to the particular demands of contexts and mixed use programs.
BIG are looking for a Project Leader to head up the BIG team responsible for developing the new Presidential Library in Astana, Kazakhstan.
About the project
The new library, named after the first President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, encompasses an estimated 33.000m2. Being one of the future cornerstones of Kazakh nation-building, and a leading institution that will represent the Kazakh national identity, the library goes beyond a mere architectural challenge.
The new Presidential Library in Astana, Kazakhstan’s new capital since 1997, shall not only accumulate history but also provide a foundation for new futures. It will serve as an intellectual, multifunctional and cultural center with the primary goal to reflect the establishment and development of Kazakhstan, its political history, and the Head of the State’s activities and roles in the development of the country.
Duties will include:
– Reporting to the Partner-in-charge of design: Thomas Christoffersen
– Project leader for BIG’s project team
– Project leader for both engineer (Rambøll) and the local architect
– Relocating to Copenhagen, Denmark
– Time will be divided between Astana, Kazakhstan and Copenhagen, Denmark over the next 8-10 months
– Fluent in English, spoken and written
– Fluent in Russian, spoken and written
– Detailing skills (portfolio)
– Description skills (SNIP standard)
– Requirement: AutoCAD
– Preferred: Revit and/or Rhino
– minimum 10 years of experience as an Architect
– minimum 5 years of experience as a Project Leader
– experience as a Project Leader on an international culture project
– experience from a leading international architecture bureau
Please send your CV and portfolio as PDF (no larger then 5MB) and a minimum of two letters of recommendation to [email protected] before 25th of October 2009.
Location: Kazakhstan, central Asia
BIG Architecture Projects
Major Architectural Projects by BIG Architects
The World Village of Women Sports, Malmo, Sweden
image from architect office
World Village of Women Sports
Big House, Southern Ørestad, Copenhagen, Sjælland, Denmark
image from architect frim
Mountain Dwellings – VM Houses Phase 2, Copenhagen, Sjælland, Denmark
image : Boserup
VM Mountain Dwellings
Comments / photos for the Kazakhstan Architecture Job Vacancies for BIG Architects, Copenahgen, Denmark page welcome