Egyptian Pyramids Travel, Giza Historic Architecture Visit, Egypt Design Tours
Travel to Egypt Pyramids
25 Sep 2019
Giza is considered a pharaonic destination because it contains a huge amount of the monuments related to the reign of mighty pharaohs and rulers. Tourists come from all parts of the world to visit the terrific Giza Pyramids Complex and witness the glorious Egyptian Civilization and Egypt Tours Portal a wonderful travel agency to book your trip with them.
Travel to see Egypt Pyramids
Tourists “while being in Giza” start from analyzing the structure of the pyramids, the stones that were used in the construction process, knowing more about the pharaohs who reigned in the period of the establishment of each pyramid and of course, they seek to know the secrets of the ancients and their architecture. To make it easier for you, we provide you in this article with the most helpful and recherché information about the majestic pyramids.
Stunning information about the Great Pyramids
- The Size of the Pyramids:
- The great Pyramid of Khufu is the greatest and largest of the three pyramids. Its height is 146.7 meters or 280 Egyptian Royal cubits with a base of 230 meters or 440 Egyptian Royal Cubits. It was built by King Khufu, who started his ruling period from 2589 until 2566 B.C and he ruled through the fourth dynasty.
- The Pyramid of Khafre is the second largest pyramid among the three pyramids that was built by the superb king Khafre of the fourth dynasty. It is 136.4 meters tall and its base length is 215.82 meters. It has a slope of 53°08′. Each of its limestone blocks weigh about 2 tons. It sits on bedrock that is 10 m higher than Khufu’s, which makes it looks taller.
- The Pyramid of Menkaure is the smallest pyramid in comparing with the two other pyramids. It was built by king Menkaure, who was the son of king Khafe. Its height is 65.5 meters with a base of 108.5 m. The material that was used to build it was limestone and granite.
- How Were the Pyramids Built?
There were no cameras to record such a historical construction event. Scientists tried to understand the way of construction and how such massive stones were being moved. Scientists and archeologists even built a town near the pyramid of Menkaure to study how water can make blocks easier to move and a papyrus found by the Red Sea.
The techniques in building the pyramids were developed over years of deep research as they started from the idea of being mastabas, which were used as burial tombs of the ancients. Khufu followed his father’s “Snefru” strategies in building his great pyramid, the largest one in the complex. It was revealed that the Egyptians had the ability to align structures to true north very precisely, something that may have helped in planning the pyramids. A circumpolar star and lines of rope were used to align the pyramids to true north. Travel to Egypt and book your holiday through Egypt holiday packages to witness the mysteries of Giza Pyramids accompanied by Egyptologist tour guide.
According to new studies, Ancients had to use large sledges that could be pushed or pulled by many workers. The massive bocks were being moved by wetting the sand in front of a contraption built to pull the heavy objects. A wall painting dates back to 1900 B.C depicts 172 men hauling an immense statue using ropes attached to a sledge.
- The Pyramid Precision to the North
Two bright stars were being used by the ancient Egyptians to align their pyramids in a north-south direction in the Big Dipper and Little Dipper constellations to face the four cardinal directions. The pyramids were built during the third millennium B.C as tombs for kings. Those pyramids were aligned to the north south in a very accurate way with an accuracy of up to 0.05 degrees. This shows the greatness of the ancients and how they were people with great minds. The Ancients know how to calculate distances, measures and everything without the technology we have today.
- The Temperature Inside the Pyramids
The temperature of the interior part of the pyramids is constant at 20 degrees Celsius. It is somehow equal to the average temperature of the earth.
- The Secret power of the Pyramids
The Pyramids of Giza had paranormal properties. This majestic power helps to preserve foods, improve the function of the health, and help in causing other effects. There is something called Pyramid logy, which links between the different theories of the pyramid power.
Some of these effects are:
- The food that is kept inside the pyramid will stay fresh two or three times longer than the food outside the pyramid.
- The artificial flavor in the food will be lost but natural flavors are enhanced.
- The taste of the food may change and becomes less bitter or acid.
- Things will be dehydrated and mummified inside the pyramid without the growing of decay or mold. Also microorganisms don’t grow inside the pyramids.
- How Pyramids Work?
Negative Ions help in the process of repairing the body cells, which are transmitted through the air into the body. So the great pyramids negative Ions and also they have a balancing effect on the electromagnetic field on the body.
- Medication in Pyramids
Through the use of Pyramids, many people feel that their psychic powers are heighten. Through the use of this medication, people feel that they are more consciousness as the pyramid is a geometric amplifier. To achieve the best results of the pyramid meditation, you have to sit uptight with the upper chakras located one third up from the base of the pyramid under the apex. It gives you positive attitude, the feeling of calmness, and increases the memory recall.
Interesting secrets about the Great Pyramid of Khufu
This great pyramid took about 20 years to be built during the reign of King Khufu. This masterpiece was considered the tallest building before the construction of Eiffel Tower in Paris in 1889 C.E. It comprised more than two million blocks of stone. This magical Pyramid is truly the oldest of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient Egyptian World. Moreover, the ratio of its base in the height is close to the Golden ratio. It is aligned in a very accurate way in its structure to face the four cardinal points.
Its base covers 55,000 m2 with each side greater than 20,000 m2 in area. It was covered with Chasing stones, which reflect the sun’s light and made the pyramid shine like a jewel.
Another astonishing secrets about the pyramid is that inside the King’s chamber, the granite coffer is too big in comparing with the passages so of course it must have been removed during the construction process. There is also a swivel door on its entrance and swivel doors haven’t been used except in two other pyramids of Snefru and Huni.
Contemporary Egyptian Architectural Projects
Egyptian Architecture Designs – chronological list
Egyptian Architecture Tours by e-architect
image courtesy of architecture office
New Hotel Building in Egypt
Edge Innovation Center, Cairo
Architects: YLAB Arquitectos
image courtesy of architecture office
Edge Innovation Center Building in Cairo
Stone Towers, Cairo
Design: Zaha Hadid Architects
Stone Towers Cairo
Grand Museum of Egypt, Cairo
Design: Heneghan Peng Architects
Grand Museum of Egypt
Comments / photos for the Travel to Egypt Pyramids page welcome