Architecture and Design Tabloid Contest, Digital Architectural Competition News
Architecture and Design Tabloid Competition 2021
7 Apr 2021
Architecture & Design Tabloid Contest 2021
15 April 2021: Late Registration
This is an initiative of ajc-plus, a curated platform to push oneself to the utmost boundaries for craving one’s own pathway and reaching great heights. The theme of the contest is “Digital Journalism”
To explore the domain of being an entrepreneur in digital journalism related to the Architecture & Design Community, specifically, to move ambitiously to take it out of the borders that one lives in. The Tabloid should have a special focus on curating – local projects, competitions, events, books, and new initiatives regarding the local architecture of your country.
We welcome Tabloids in two categories –
Collegians and Open (25-100 years of age)
– Submissions are open to all enthusiasts and are welcome from all parts of the world.
– Entrants can send Two Tabloids per Team registration for the contest. Each team may comprise a maximum of three participants. The entrants shall receive a Unique Identification Code within 24 hours of registration.
– The Tabloid (11 x 17 inches) comprising a cover page for highlights and 2-3 inner leaflets could be digitally curated or hand-drafted. The Tabloid should be preferably designed in Portrait format.
– The Tabloid should not include any personal information about the participant, except for the Unique Identification Code on the top right corner.
– Medium of Submission is English Language.
– The entry/entries should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line Architecture & Design Tabloid – Category (collegian or Open) in jpeg/png format with a minimum 2000 px. The submission should also include the registration screenshot as an attachment in the email and names, field of studies/Institutes of affiliation for all the team members.
– All entrants must mention their social media handles with the entry/entries (Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook)
– The submission should be an original work of the entrant and will go through a plagiarism test.
– Besides three winners, Honorable mentions shall be featured and announced on 6th May 2021 on our social media pages.
Jury Panel for the Competition:
Joachim Krausse, Architect & Emeritus Professor, Berlin, Germany
Jayaraman Subramanian, Architect & Emeritus Professor, India
Donato Abruzzese, Engineer & Professor, University of Rome, Italy
Pappal Suneja, Architect & Design Researcher, India & Germany
Submission window for the contest opens on 21st February–15th April 2021 (11:59 pm CEST)
– Early Bird Registration till 8th March 2021, (2400 INR for participants from India and 36 Euros for International Participants)
Registration Links (Early Bird)
– 29 March 2021 : Regular Registration deadline – (3000 INR for participants from India and 51 Euros for International Participants)
– 12 April 2021 : Standard Registration – (3600 INR for participants from India and 66 Euros for International Participants)
– 15 April 2021 : Late Registration – (4400 INR for participants from India and 80 Euros for International Participants)
Winning Prizes for the Contest
Citation: €2000 / $2400 / 174k INR + Certificate, Publication, AJC Book Set & Bauhaus Dessau Booklets
Special Mention_1: €1000 / $1200 / 87k INR + Certificate, Publication, plus book set and booklets as above
Special Mention_2: €600 / $700 / 51k INR + Certificate, Publication, and books noted above
12 Honorable Mentions: Certificate + Publication & AJC Curated Book Set.
Note: The above prize money includes transaction charges and is subject to tax deduction as per rules and regulations of the winner’s country.
For Queries, write to the ajc-plus team via the Contact form and for regular updates, Visit the Instagram handle and subscribe to AJC’s Tiny Letter.
Architectural Competitions : links
Architecture Competitions – recent selection on e-architect:
National Museums Liverpool Waterfront Transformation Competition, England, UK
National Museums Liverpool Waterfront Transformation Competition
Astrakhan Agglomeration Masterplan Competition, Russia
Astrakhan Agglomeration Competition
Hum3D spring competition: without borders
Hum3D spring competition without borders
International Competition for the National Museum of Korean Literature
Competition for the National Museum of Korean Literature
Preston Mosque Architecture Competition, England, UK
Preston Mosque Design Competition
Comments / photos for the Architecture and Design Tabloid Contest 2021 page welcome