Dubai Atlantis Hotel, The Palm Jumeirah Accommodation Building, UAE Kerzner Design Photos, Property News
Atlantis Hotel, The Palm
Dubai Luxury Accommodation, UAE for Kerzner International Holdings Limited – United Arab Emirates Resort
25 Feb 2019 ; 18 May 2014
Atlantis Hotel Dubai, UAE
Location: Palm Jumeirah (man-made island)
Atlantis, The Palm
Largest Water Themed Attraction in the Middle East
Atlantis Hotel, The Palm Dubai Accommodation
Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Atlantis, The Palm as the flagship resort on The Palm Jumeirah – was the first resort to open its doors on Dubai’s revolutionary island. Created by Kerzner International Holdings Limited, a leading international developer and operator of destination resorts, this is a stunning 1,539-room resort.
With its enviable location atop the crescent of The Palm Jumeirah, the opening of Atlantis, The Palm was a landmark event, redefining tourism in Dubai as the first truly integrated entertainment resort. Reflecting Executive Chairman Sol Kerzner’s vision to transport guests into a dazzling, imaginative world, the resort encompasses a 46 hectare site with 17 hectares of water themed amusement at AQUAVENTURE, extensive fresh and salt-water pools and lagoon exhibits, an open-aired marine habitat second only to Mother Nature, a seemingly endless stretch of beach, luxury boutiques, numerous dining choices including four celebrity chef restaurants, an exciting nightclub, a Spa and Fitness Club, and 5,600m2 of meeting and function space.
“This is an exciting time for Dubai and for Kerzner International. With the introduction of a new world icon in The Palm Jumeirah and our position as the flagship resort of this icon, Atlantis, The Palm is situated as the new gateway to this incredible region. Out of a vision that married the wonders of marine life with stunning elegance and sweeping views of the Arabian Gulf alongside the most exciting water playground in this part of the world, we have developed an experience within Atlantis that is truly different than the existing pleasures of Dubai. We’re very proud of the final product” shared Sol Kerzner, Executive Chairman, Kerzner International.
Atlantis The Palm Water Adventures
Water adventures, salt and fresh water attractions and an open-air marine habitat are the focal point of Atlantis, The Palm for both guests and visitors:
– AQUAVENTURE – a water playground of over 18 million litres of water, consisting of extraordinary rides with cascades, tidal waves and rapids, and the Mesopotamian-styled Ziggurat temple reaching over 30 metres into the sky and featuring seven heart-pumping water slides – two of which catapult riders through shark-filled lagoons;
– The Ambassador Lagoon – an 11 million litre marine habitat and underwater exhibit home to several hundred species of marine life, with a viewing panel looking right into the mystical ruins of Atlantis;
– The Lost Chambers – bringing the myth of Atlantis to life through a maze of underground tunnels offering underwater views into the boulevards of the ruins of Atlantis; and,
– Dolphin Bay – a 4.5 hectare state-of-the-art dolphin education and conservation centre allowing guests the opportunity to meet and interact with one of the world¡¦s most charismatic animals in an unparalleled facility.
In a tribute to the surrounding sea, designers and artists from around the world created the ultimate resort destination with a stunning array of sculptures, artwork, hand-painted murals, exquisite fountains and waterfalls and innovative design by some of the world’s most renowned designers including David Rockwell, Adam Tihany, Jeffrey Beers and Wilson and Associates.
THE ROYAL TOWERS ACCOMMODATION
Each of the 1,539 guestrooms and suites in the Royal Towers provide private balconies and views over the Arabian Gulf or The Palm Jumeirah. With rates starting at $454 per night, guests may choose from a variety of accommodation including the indulgent:
– Imperial Club – a ‘resort within a resort’ with over 150 rooms and suites, exclusive services and private club lounge;
– Bridge Suite – spanning the Royal Towers, a private lift takes guests 22 storeys above Atlantis for heart-stopping views of The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai and The Arabian Gulf;
– Lost Chambers Suites – each three stories high with mesmerising views directly into the Ambassador Lagoon from the master bedroom, these two suites located within the Lost Chambers create an illusion of being beneath the sea whilst looking directly into the heart of Atlantis.
Rrestaurants, Entertainment and Shopping
AWARD-WINNING CUISINE & DESIGNER SHOPPING
With 17 restaurants, bars and lounges to suit every taste – sophisticated seafood, innovative sushi, quick bites and foods from around the world – the dining and entertainment at Atlantis is as exciting and multi-faceted as the resort itself. Four famed celebrity chefs have restaurants at Atlantis, The Palm, making the resort the culinary destination in Dubai:
– World-class master chef and sushi mogul Nobuyuki Matsuhisa opened Nobu with partner Robert DeNiro;
– Michelin star chef Giorgio Locatelli, one of London¡¦s most talked about Italian chefs, features Ronda Locatelli;
– Parisian sensation and two star Michelin chef Michel Rostang debuted his French Brasserie; and,
– Three star Michelin chef Santi Santamaria, known as ‘The Architect of Food’, opened his first venture outside of Europe with Ossiano, a gourmet seafood restaurant.
The specialty restaurants are located along The Avenues, a sophisticated retail promenade also home to a nightclub and over two dozen shops featuring top names in fashion, design and local artistry.
Atlantis, The Palm Destination
From surreal sea life to heart-pounding water slides, even the youngest guest are able to explore Atlantis and its deep connection to water and the ocean. Specialized programmes for toddlers to teenagers feature dedicated facilities and age-appropriate activities with the interactive Atlantis Kids Club (3 to 12 years) and Club Rush, a fully supervised ‘No Adults’ private club for teenagers and pre-teens. The Zone satisfies those looking for the ultimate gaming challenge on the latest SEGA equipment.
Atlantis, The Palm is accessed by a six-lane underwater vehicle tunnel, which surfaces next to the resort. Alternately, guests may choose to leave their cars at the trunk base in a secure, dedicated parking area, and board a monorail to be transported through the centre of The Palm Jumeirah directly to Atlantis, The Palm.
Atlantis, The Palm – Luxury UAE Hotel
Atlantis, The Palm
Dubai Atlantis, The Palm is a 1,539 room, ocean-themed destination resort located at the centre of the crescent of the man-made Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. This US$1.5 billion joint venture project was developed with Dubai Government owned, Istithmar. Opened in September 2008, the resort utilises the 46 hectares site with 17 hectares of water park amusement, further marine and entertainment attractions and a collection of some of the most renowned world-class chefs including Nobu, Giorgio Locatelli, Santi Santamaria and Michel Rostang.
Atlantis, The Palm offers an unprecedented entertainment centre, an impressive collection of luxury boutiques and shops and extensive meeting and convention facilities. It is home to one of the largest open-air marine habitats in the world, with some 65,000 marine animals in lagoons and displays including The Lost Chambers, a maze of underwater corridors and passageways providing a journey through ancient Atlantis.
Kerzner International Holdings
KERZNER INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LIMITED, through its subsidiaries, is a leading international developer and operator of destination resorts, casinos and luxury hotels. Kerzner’s flagship brand is Atlantis, which includes Atlantis, Paradise Island, a 2,900-room ocean-themed destination resort in The Bahamas.
This unique destination features a variety of accommodations, including the new resort The Cove Atlantis, all built around a 100-acre waterscape with over 20 million gallons of fresh and saltwater lagoons, pools and habitats, the world’s largest open-air marine habitat and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Kerzner is extending its Atlantis brand globally with the development of Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai, a 1,500-room, water-themed resort expected to open in September 2008 on The Palm, Jumeirah.
Kerzner has also commenced construction of a 600-room, destination casino resort in Morocco that will open in 2009, which will be operated by Kerzner under a new brand that it will be introducing to the market. Kerzner also manages five luxury resort hotels under the One&Only brand. The resorts, featuring some of the top-rated properties in the world, are located in The Bahamas, Mexico, Mauritius, the Maldives and Dubai. Additional One&Only properties are currently in the development stages in South Africa, Zanzibar and Costa Rica. For more information concerning Kerzner and its operating subsidiaries, visit kerzner.com.
Atlantis Hotel, The Palm Dubai images / information from Kerzner International, 251108
Location: The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE
Hotels in Dubai
Dubai hotel tower : Trump International Hotel & Tower, The Palm Jumeirah
Dubai Architecture Designs – chronological list
UAE Architectural Designs
Dubai Architecture Tours by e-architect
Contemporary Architecture in Dubai – architectural selection below:
Coca-Cola Arena, City Walk
photo courtesy of architects
Design: Zaha Hadid Architects
photograph : Laurian Ghinitoiu
The Opus Hotel in Dubai
Comments / photos for the Dubai Atlantis Hotel The Palm Architecture page welcome