2021 RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships News, Architects, British Architecture Prize
2021 RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships News
Network Rail Architecture Award Winners England, UK – Key New English Railway Buildings & Structures
23 Sep 2021
Recipients of 2021 RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships announced
In alphabetical order:
2021 RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships
Thursday 7 October 2021 – The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has today announced the recipients of the 2021 RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships, worth a total of £30,000.
The scholarships support outstanding Part 2 students who have the potential to make a significant contribution in the field of architecture.
The five recipients are:
- Lou Elena Bouey – University of Cambridge (completed RIBA Part 1 at Central Saint Martins, UAL)
- Amy Crellin – University of Sheffield (completed RIBA Part 1 at the University of Sheffield)
- Minh Le Pham Duc – Architectural Association School of Architecture (completed RIBA Part 1 at Central Saint Martins, UAL)
- Lara Miller – University of Bath (completed RIBA Part 1 at University of Huddersfield)
- Rasha Shrourou – Birmingham City University (completed RIBA Part 1 at the University of Wolverhampton)
Each student will receive £6,000 to support their Part 2 study as well as mentoring from an architect member of the Wren Insurance Association.
A record number of applications were received this year from 24 schools of architecture. The scheme, which was set up in 2013, has supported 45 students to date.
Chairman of The Wren Insurance Association David Stanford said:
“The Wren Insurance Association is delighted to have sponsored the RIBA Wren Scholarships for the ninth time. We always enjoy receiving the students’ applications and assisting in the assessment of the Scholarships. The record number and quality of the applications received this year made it particularly difficult for the judges to arrive at their decision, and we thank all those that applied. Our heartiest congratulations go to the winners, and our Members are looking forward to mentoring them during their final year of study.”
RIBA President Simon Allford said:
“Our scholarships and bursaries provide essential support to architecture students and help them achieve their aspirations within the profession. Thanks to the ongoing generosity of the Wren Insurance Association, five talented and committed students have been given the opportunity to further develop their careers. I congratulate all of our 2021 recipients.”
For more information about the RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships visit here.
- The 2021 judging panel consisted of: Chair Albena Atanassova (Associate, Scott Brownrigg); Richard Lavington (Director, Maccreanor Lavington); Roger Watts (Director, Haworth Tompkins); Nicholas Szczepaniak (Director and Architect, Szczepaniak Astridge); Victoria Simpson (Partner, DLG Architects); Naomi Rubbra; Architectural Assistant, Levitt Bernstein (Co-founder at PeopleMatter).
- The judging committee selected the successful applicants based on their talent, as demonstrated by their academic and non-academic achievements to date. Consideration was also given to:
- Their potential contribution to architecture, as demonstrated by their academic intentions, any relevant experience, and aspirations for their future career.
- Their personal circumstances and journey to architecture, and how they believed that the scholarship would have a positive effect on their academic and professional ambitions.
The Wren Insurance Association Limited (Wren) is an Architects’ Professional Indemnity Insurance Mutual. www.wrenmutual.co.uk
2021 RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships images / information received 071021
RIBA Client of the Year Winner
Previous RIBA Client of the Year Winners
RIBA Client of the Year 2018 Winner
London Bridge Station – photo © Paul Raftery
RIBA Client of the Year 2018 Winner
RIBA National Awards Winners 2018
RIBA South East Awards Winners 2018
photo © Quintin Lake
Client of the Year Award Winner 2010: Hammerson
Comments / photos for the 2021 RIBA Wren Insurance Association Scholarships page welcome